ORGANIC RAW MESQUITE POWDER, 227g
Cold-Processed * Organic * Gluten-Free * Vegan
Product code: 8 94932 002146
A traditional food of Native Americans, mesquite powder is made from collecting the ripened seed pods of the mesquite tree, and grinding into fine powder. It has a sweet, nutty, caramel-like flavor, making it ideal for desserts and for use as a natural sweetener.
Mesquite powder is a high protein powder, rich in the essential amino acid lysine. Lysine is a protein building block and plays a major role in calcium absorption, building muscle and helping the body to recover from injury. Mineral rich mesquite powder contains healthy amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron, while remaining very low in sodium and fat.
The high rate of dietary fiber causes the nutrients in mesquite to be absorbed slowly preventing the spikes and valleys in blood sugar. With a glycemic index of 25, mesquite requires a longer time to digest then many grains. The digestive time for mesquite is to 4 to 6 hours unlike wheat that digests in 1 to 2 hours. These factors result in a food that maintains a constant blood sugar for a sustained time and as a result prevents hunger.
Mesquite is great in raw desserts. Although it can be used as flour in baking, unlike most flours, it does not require cooking to taste great! Mesquite powder once again adds flavor, but also helps raw cookies, balls, and crusts bind together. Mesquite is also delicious used either in place of or alongside raw cacao/cocoa powder. In cooked desserts, you can substitute up to half* the flour in a recipe with mesquite powder for added flavor and nutrition.
- Certified organic, 100% raw, cold-processed (dried at low temperature), gluten-free, vegan, kosher and low glycemic.
- Product of Argentina and Peru..
- High protein powder, rich in the essential amino acid lysine (a protein building block)
- Source of calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron, while remaining very low in sodium and fat.
- With its sweet, molasses-like flavor, with occasional hints of caramel, mesquite is perfect and excellent addition to smoothies, used in cooked or raw desserts, or stirred into food or drinks for extra flavor and nutrition.
- With its also smoky, malty taste, mesquite pairs very well with chocolate and vanilla flavors in desserts and ice-cream.
- Works well as a partial flour substitute for an aromatic and unique flavor in sweet and savory recipes.
Ingredient: Organic raw mesquite powder