New Year is around the corner and it should be celebrated with decadent sweet treats. Sweet desserts symbolize a sweet start to the beginning of the year. Gluten-free Malaysian dishes such as Acai Cacao Truffles and Cacao Cashew Coconut Balls are the best options to sweeten your New Year. They are known as gluten-free as they do not contain gluten – a general name for the proteins normally found in barley, rye, wheat, and triticale. Below are enlisted some cacao recipes that you can try at home to fill your New Year with sweet goodness:
- ACAI CACAO TRUFFLES – When a superfood is paired with another superfood, it takes it to a whole new level. The power berry combined with organic raw cacao powder not only makes a delicious combination but also enhances the antioxidants and energizing benefits.
SERVES – 06
- Coconut Oil – 20gm
- Organic Raw Cacao Powder – 10gm
- Acai Powder – 10gm
- Organic Coconut Nectar – 1tbsp
- Organic Pitted Dates – 60gm
- Organic Raw Cacao Butter – 10gm
- Organic Raw Cacao Sweet Nibs – 1tbsp
- Pinch of Salt
How To Prepare? Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until a dense dough is formed. Make small balls from the dough. Roll the balls in acai powder. Place the truffles on parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- CACAO NIBS BROWNIE BITES – This cacao brownie recipe is a healthy snack that is full of antioxidants. Have antioxidants rich brownie bites in combination with fiber that will help in metabolism but differently.
SERVINGS PER RECIPE – 22
- Medium Ripe Bananas – 2
- Medium Avocado – 1
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 2tbsp
- Organic Raw Cacao Powder – 1/4 cup
- Gluten-free, Organic Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Organic Raw Cacao Nibs – 1/4 cup
- Chia Seeds – 1/4 cup
- Pitted Dates – 10
How To Prepare? In a medium pan, add bananas, avocado, pure vanilla extract, organic coconut nectar. Mash with a masher until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. With the help of small cookie scoop, scoop some dough and roll into a golf size ball.
If desired, spread coatings on plates and roll the balls in them. Place in storage container and repeat this step until run out of dough. Enjoy chilled cacao brownie bites directly from the freezer.
- CACAO DATE SMOOTHIE – Now with cookies and truffles, there should be something healthy and organic to drink too. The revitalizing Cacao Date Smoothie sweetened naturally with organic coconut nectar also helps you in getting back the glow of your skin.
SERVINGS – 1 Glass
- Pitted Dates – 5
- Walnuts – 4
- Organic Raw Cacao Powder – 1tbsp
- Organic Raw Coconut Nectar – 1tbsp
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Vanilla – 1/4 tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
How To Prepare? Pour everything in a blender. Blend and pour into a glass. This smoothie recipe uses a minimal amount of ingredients, and are super easy to make, thus saving a lot of time!
There are so many other gluten-free Malaysian dishes that you will like to try this New Year or any other special occasion. Find more gluten-free dishes at our website in the recipes section. Though it seems daunting to cut out gluten from your diet as they are found in a lot of food products, thanks to the rise of gluten-free products such as organic raw cacao products, which can be found in selected retail outlets in Malaysia.
Happy Cooking! Happy New Year!