- 10 fresh dates, pitted and cut in quarters
- 10 dried figs, stems removed, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw nut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups filtered water
- Place the dates, figs, cacao powder, nut butter (if using), vanilla, and 1 cup of water in a blender and pulse several times until the fruits begin to break down.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, slowly adding water as needed for desired consistency.
Alternative method: Replace dates and figs with ripe avocado and add sweetener (e.g. coconut palm nectar) according to sweetness preference.